Canadians citizens and permanent residents living in Canada, 18 years of age or older, may sponsor close family members who want to immigrate to Canada.

- Your spouse, common-law/same-sex partner or conjugal partner
- Your dependent children, including adopted children
- Your grandparents
- Other family members (i.e. last remaining family member under humanitarian and compassionate grounds where it is warranted)